Based on the 2014 results, BPS-Sberbank maintains third place in the national financial market based on its asset scope, equity, loans, and retail deposits. Its customer base is over 31,600 legal entities and 1.5 mn individuals. Customers can benefit from 139 points of sale located in all regions of the Republic of Belarus. Sberbank Group’s cross-border business with corporate customers in Belarus amounted to the equivalent of over USD 2 bn as at the beginning of 2015.
Key projects implemented in 2014:
- connecting the subsidiary bank to SAS OpRisk Management, intergroup operating risk management system;
- building and implementing a centralised small business lending process;
- commercial operation of the SavEx automated e-trading system;
- implementing customer funds trust management;
- issuing the Visa Classic PayWave and Visa Gold PayWave, and MasterCard Paypass swipe plastic cards;
- transforming the operating and cash system and implementing cash liquidity centralised management in a single operations office.
According to The Banker, BPS-Sberbank became Bank of the Year 2014 which is confirmed by its strengthening leadership on the market.