Sberbank Development Strategy
The bank achieved substantial progress in each of its strategic areas based on 2014 results. Sberbank’s most visible achievements related to innovative banking, improved operating performance, and cross-sales.
With our Customers for Life:
„We will build deep, trusting relationships with our clients, becoming an integral part of their lives without drawing attention to ourselves. Our objective is to exceed our clients’ expectations”
Sberbank is making a concerted effort to improve the quality of its customer service and expand the product range.
Annual survey results showed that customer perception of Sberbank improved in a number of ways:
In 2014, the bank improved its services model for all corporate customer segments. One of the achievements was an increase in the number of products per customer in all mass corporate business segments:
Sberbank is focusing on promotion of cross-sales in the retail segment. The number of products per active retail customer increased to 2.0 in 2014.
Sberbank set up one of the largest and most accessible loyalty banking programmes in Russia. Based on 2014 results, the number of customers covered by the programme reached 14.2 mn people. The partnership network includes over 1,000 leading companies.
Team and Culture:
We will make our people and our corporate culture one of the main sources of our competitive edge"
- In 2014, Sberbank was rated by Universum Global to be among three top Russia’s employers for students and graduates.
- Sberbank’s personnel turnover in 2014 decreased by a quarter, and employee engagement level increased from 61% to 69%.
- The Sberbank Corporate University was launched in 2014. It is a unique corporate educational institution among other corporate schools in Russia. A total of 26,100 people were trained at the Corporate University in 2014.
- Strategic conferences were held in all regional and subsidiary banks to communicate the corporate strategy, mission, and values at all levels. Every manager took part in promoting the Group’s updated mission and values at his/her level. This ensures common understanding of Sberbank Development Strategy and coordinated work of our team.
„We will complete the technological modernisation of Sberbank and integrate the most advanced technologies and innovations into our business”
Sberbank Development Strategy
- DenizBank was recognised as the most innovation-intensive bank worldwide according to the Bank Administration Institute (BAI) for the quality and innovations in its internal processes.
- Sberbank Online was named the best mobile and Internet-bank in Russia and Central and Eastern Europe (according to Global Finance and Synnovate).
- The number of Mobile Banking and Sberbank Online users increased by 40% and 109%, respectively.
- 1.65 mn customers use the Sberbank Business Online service. Over one million documents are processed on a daily basis.
- The process of merging the Automated Banking System (ABS) amongst Sberbank’s regional banks and transferring to a single IT-platform is 95% complete.
- The bank started developing the concept of the optimal product offering to customers as part of its Big Data technology development projects.
„We will increase the financial returns of our business through more efficient management of costs and the ratio of risk to return”
- Sberbank has achieved excellent performance and continues to improve its operating efficiency. Thus, income growth significantly exceeded the growth of costs, which resulted in cost to income ratio being reduced to 43.4% (-2.7 bps versus 2013).
- The RAROC RAROC is Risk-Adjusted Return on Capital. methodology was implemented. RAROC is key to customer price flexibility for certain products based on risk and the total return ratio for all bank products used by this customer.
- Tools and infrastructure were implemented to calculate Basel III liquidity ratios in subsidiary banks.
„We will develop organisational and managerial skills and establish processes that reflect the size of the Group and the level of our ambitions”
- Significant progress has been achieved relative to the implementation of efficient risk management systems in the Group’s subsidiary banks.
- Based on 2014 results, Sberbank Talents career portal was rated among the world Top 8 Internet websites in the Buried Treasures nomination. This portal was successfully integrated with an in-house SAP Recruiting System and three leading internet job search platforms (www.hh.ru, www.superjob.ru, www.job.ru).
- In order to improve corporate governance and comply with the best practices, in 2014 the bank launched a plan for implementing the revised Corporate Governance Code of the Bank of Russia, set up a Corporate Secretary Service, and resolved to reduce the Supervisory Board from 17 to 14 people in-line with the world’s best corporate governance practices.
- The Management Information System (MIS) providing management with information on key business indicators of the bank was further developed. In 2014, as part of improvement of the MIS, the higher level of detalisation was achieved, so information on key indicators could be provided for any single customer or business unit. The MIS is used as a basis for business planning and building incentive systems at all bank management levels.